Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My little boy, ready for school!



This was Little J's first week at preschool, and he's had a great time. Playground, new toys, lots of boys and girls to play with, it's perfect!

Little J is enrolled at a Montessori preschool, that's not-too-far away from us. He's attending three days a week, for half a day(mornings). That's all I could convince myself to start with, both budget-wise, and seperating from my first-born child. Once I have a grasp on actual expenses, and I see how Little J handles it (and how well it works out for for his Mommy and Little G) , we might increase the number of days per week.

So far, I've been able to do the waking up early and dressing everyone without too much frustration in the morning. The only issue has been that I am absolutely exhausted by bedtime. well, by suppertime. And, I've considered a nap, but the little ones are falling asleep at 4:30, and if I fall asleep when they do, we won't wake up in time to make a reasonable supper, or go to bed early enough to wake up the next morning. (I would love to be one of those people who can function on only 4 hours of sleep.)

It's only going to get worse, I'm afraid. Little Sister started highschool (eek! she's HOW old??) this week too, and because the school dosen't have any busing (really. none at all) I need to be awake to drive her to school. and that's even earlier than we leave for Little J's preschool. So, I can either have everybody dressed and fed by that time (by waking up an hour earlier), or we can all be in pj's to drop her off at school. Hmmm...think she'll be embarrassed if we're in pj's?

1 comment:

Tina - omme i London said...

First day at school pictures are oh so cute. What a proud wee man! :)