Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spanish and El Caballero Fantasma

That would be, The Ghost Knight, written by Cornelia Funke.

I've been studying spanish lately (more than Korean, sadly) and I've found that small children's books are about my reading level. The library here has a small selection. Curious George was a doable, because I know it so well in English, and El Pinguino was fun, especially when the penguin pinched the lion's nose.

But, I was hoping that maybe my vocabulary would be sufficient for a grade-school level chapter book. Amazon says this book(English version) is for 8-12 year olds. Unfortunately, I'm finding it's not (sufficient, that is), but I'm using google to translate for me as I go along, and this book is interesting so far. I say "so far", because it took me all evening to read chapter one. yep, pretty slow.

But the next chapter is "Los Hombres Muertos". The Three Dead Men! oooh!

No comments: