Thursday, November 30, 2017

Beautiful weeds

(Note: This was written several months ago)



The girls' school is thirty minutes away, through country and farming land, and I pay attention to the crops. There was a few wheat fields early in the year, corn early in the summer, tobacco is almost all harvested now, and soybeans (and possibly peanuts) are still in the fields. 



But in the ditches, weeds are growing. A tangle of vines, that I didn't notice until they started blooming this week. Morning glories. Beautiful, big morning glories. 



They are in purple and pink, and I saw one patch of white flowers. These are different than bind weed -- I saw one patch of that, too, with its little white flowers.


We have weeks until frost is expected. I hope they keep blooming until then.


(They did keep blooming. Even better, I had wild morning glories sprout up in my garden bed. They grew on the trellis (cough, cough, dead sunflowers) all the way up to the deck. Beauthiful!)

No comments: