Thursday, November 30, 2017

Top-down sock cast-on

I'm really not very adventurous with my knitting. I use long-tail cast-on, judy's magic cast-on, knitted cast-off, and the sewn cast-off. Over and over, unless I run into a pattern that uses something different. But, this morning I decided to try something else.




I've been trying to make a pair of socks for Little Fishie, from the yarn left over from a pair I knitted for me. And since I've cast on for these socks about five times already, I am so bored of the long-tailed cast-on. I browsed the internet, asking questions. "What's a stretchy cast-on?" "Best cast-on for socks?" "cast-on for top-down socks" The internet replied, "German Twisted Cast-On"




I did look at a few different pages for instructions, but this is the one I followed. It has a mix of words and photographs for its instructions. If you like videos instead, Jimmy Bean's has one here.



No comments: