Friday, June 08, 2007

Knitting on the Boob Tube

I plopped down on the couch with Little J to watch cartoons, and guess what I saw? Knitting! How Serendipitous! The T.V. was already on Cartoon Network, and the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episode was "Say it isn't Sew!", where Boo (Blu?) gets very crafty! He quilts, he embroiders, and....He Knits! He knitted a cute little door bell cozy, so that Mrs. Foster wouldn't hear him sneaking out the door. Very cute. After Foster's, Cartoon Network had a movie on (they never have movies, so this was a shock to me. I was paralyzed. That's why I didn't move, and watched the whole thing. Riiiight...) Chicken Run! Heehee...that was a kewl movie. I hadn't seen it before, and nobody ever told me that it was loosely(!) based on "The Great Escape". Awesome! And a flapping chicken plane...rofl...But, Bab, the chicken, knitted thru the whole movie. What an inspiration! Giggle!

With my knitting, I do have a bit to report. Not nearly exciting as chickens with knitting needles, but, on my H.S.S. sock, I'm working on the heel flap (of the second sock). This pair was worked top-down. I sure hope that I'll be able to finish it before the Harry Potter book comes out. Also, on my mindless sock pair, I'm turning the heel on the second sock (these are worked toe-up, so I've got quite a bit done.) Y'know, if I had my camera cord (for my Konica Minolta DiImage Z2) I'd post pictures...soooo, y'all better pray that I find it soon ;)

No comments: