Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Alpaca is so sweet...

I've started up on my alpaca sweater. I'm not going to be posting much about it, b'cause I'm sorta doing my own pattern, even (gasp!) writing it down, and if I want to submit it somewhere **coughKnittycough** can't have it previously on the internet. But, it's a gorgeous, soft yarn. And, I've decided that I do the cables better with a cable needle. The ones I'm using involve crossing three stitches over three stitches, and if I do it without a cable needle, there's squinting and cursing involved. with a cable needle, I feel much better about the whole thing.

I'm thinking about a modified steeking technique...Does anyone know if Alpaca felts? Or is it furry enough to stick together for steeking?

My Hogwart's Sock Swap package is ready to go out! Yay! Big J reminded me that the Post Office is closed tomorrow, but our main branch has a nifty postage mailing machine, so, I'll probably run it by tomorrow morning. I hope my swappee likes everything! I'll post pics after she gets it. :)

2 comments:

camillaknits said...

Alpaca is slippery... stitch your steeks with a super short stitch length before you slice 'em open. No need for heartache, if the proper tools are used! Cami

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

oh, I'm so proud of you for braving steeks. I hope you get your CoughKnittyCough wish!