Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

charm bracelet
Today was a nice day. Big J had to work, but I had my presents yesterday. A new baby bootie charm for my bracelet (for Little G :) ), a potted Azalea bonsai, and "101 Essential Tips Bonsai" book. I love it all, and I think Big J did very good at picking it out!

Cottage Knits Haul and what did I get myself? A skein of Colinette Jitterbug yarn yesterday at Cottage Knits in Columbus, Indiana. Camilla has been knitting a pair of socks out of this yarn (different colorway) and the skein jumped off the shelf and said "BUY ME!". That, and the new issue of Interweave Knits. There's a couple patterns in it that I want to make. Why is it that only once a year do they have patterns I like? odd, but it's why I don't have a subscription. I buy the seperate issues when I DO like the patterns.

Speaking of Cottage Knits, when I was there for the Ravelry meet yesterday, I saw a gorgeous pair of Clessidra stockings...Hannah, the person who made them, didn't like it in the busy yarn, but still, the pattern was wonderful.

No comments: