Tuesday, November 04, 2008

51 days until Christmas

Yesterday, I didn't get any knitting done. none, zip, nada. I didn't even go to Panera's, for the normal Monday knitting night. I had been planning to, i really wanted to, but then I remembered Little Sister's band concert. It had been on the calender for weeks, but I mentally blanked it out...once I was there, it was really nice. Little G and I liked the highschool marching band, very entertaining. Little Sister's (8th grade) band has really improved a lot since the started middle school, too. You might think listening to a band concert would be great knitting time (Yarn Harlot has a post about that, in fact) but holding a squirming baby makes it almost impossible to knit. I don't even try anymore. There will be more concerts, I'm almost sure, for me to knit at.

Today, I cast on for Clapotis. It's about 5-6 inches along an edge. I don't think it's going to be as wide as the pattern calls for it to be - I'm already getting bored with the amount of purl stitches on the wrong side rows.

Looking at the one of Voodoo from Sunday, I decided that I'm not in love with my crochet edging. It's just a little too frilly. Back to the drawing board. When I get a chance I'm going to tink back the edging (can I use "tink" when talking about crochet? "tehcorc"?) and redo it a little less...irritatingly. (I don't like bobbly stuff on my palms. very irritating).

No comments: