Sunday, December 09, 2007

new yarn

Today, i took the first step toward my last Christmas Project. I want to make the "Hurry-Up sweater" from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Almanac. And today, I swatched for that sweater. The main color is going to be a grey, with hand-dyed blue-green-purple accents. I found the yarn for it on ebay, want to see?



Yarn pic
Yarn pic
The grey is a recycled wool from spinners11702. 1 strand, no ply, bulky weight, almost two pounds. The hand-dyed yarn is 4ply bulky weight, 1 pound of yarn, from dannettetaylor. Aren't the colors gorgeous? But I thnk I may have paid too much for the yarn. Yes, it's pretty, but the colors aren't consistent (light spots where the dye didn't take) and the yarn in the skein before I wound it into a ball had spots where it had lightly felted together (Started to felt? Can you be a little bit felted? Is that like a little bit pregnant?). I didn't notice this before now, because it has been living in the bag it came in. I didn't want to get distracted by the pretty yarn ;)

No comments: