Friday, December 28, 2007

Yarn splurge

Remember I was talking about the yarn that was sorta a present, that I wanted to keep? The Alpaca sox? well, the recipient, my Aunt R, was quite happy with the socks, and so I kept the yarn for myself. i think it's addicting, I had to go back to Mass Ave Knit Shop on Friday and get more of it. (it was all on sale!) So, here's the list of what I brought home with me.

  • 1 skein Alpaca Sox, in dark greys
  • 1 skein Alpaca Sox, in grey, blue, pink
  • 2 skeins Noro Daria
  • 2 skeins of Berrocco Ultra Alpaca, 1 dark and 1 light purple
  • 2 balls of Crystal Palace Yarns Merino Stripes in dark grey
  • 4 balls of Crystal Palace Yarns Merino Stripes in a green/purple
The sock yarn, will eventually be socks, of course. The Ultra Alpaca is for a baby sweater( or two. we'll see) from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac. And the Merino Stripes is for two shawls. yep. One for Easter (Heh. Let's see if I actually get that done by Easter...) and one just because.

When I write it down, it seems like a lot of yarn, but, I resisted temptation. I did NOT buy the $50 skein of hand-dyed lace weight, or the $30 silk yarn, no matter how much I was tempted.

And then, I still have projects in the works...The bulky weight sweater I hope I can get mostly done next week. Clessidra is going to be in the works for a while. and, I'm almost done with the baby hat kit!

No comments: