Friday, April 13, 2007

Vestee and HOOD

The hood is completed. I brought it to show Big J ("Isn't this adorable??") and he responded just right. He held it, and examined it, and petted it...I think he wants one now. I'm sorry, but it just won't fit you, Big J!

In the instructions, the hood is to be finished at the top with a three needle bind off. I just don't like the idea of a seam at the top of baby's head, even though, yes, I know, the three-needle method dosen't leave a huge seam. So, I ended the hood with a right side row (K2, p, K2, P) and grafted the two sides of the hood together (all grafted stitches as knit stitches.).

Next step, is to make the edging around the front edges. (edges. I guess that's why it's called an edging. Oh boy, I need sleep!) I need to figure out how to put buttonholes in it...this might involve a different-than-pattern method for attaching the edging.

Gleep! I hope I don't dream about knitting...

No comments: