Monday, February 12, 2007

Rogue swatch

Well, the #7 needles gave me 9 1/2 to 10 stitches per 2 inches. Which is almost what the pattern calls for, but not quite. My brain still isn't working correctly, for some reason I thought that I should wash and block the swatch to see if the yarn would shrink a little bit, so that I would have less stitches per inch. Huh?? Now that I think about it, that is so wrong. If the yarn springs back after washing, there will be more stitches per inch, not less. Oh well, looks like I'll have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby for new needles.

I'm a little concerned, though. At this gauge, my yarn is pretty light. I hope it's not too light for the pattern.

I don't feel like working on any of my WIP right now, but I don't have yarn to do anything else. It's a pity, I'm having knitting withdrawal.

No comments: