Monday, October 08, 2007

Knitting at Panera's

I had a really cool quote from Jonathon Swift, something about...ah ha! Here it is:

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Anyway, that was a random thought, wasn't it?

Tonight was knitting at Panera's. (wanna come? Go here ----> Southside Indy Knitters) there were about 9 of us there tonight, with lots of nifty neato projects. Interestingly, there were several people working on mittens. Cathy had a reversible mitten on her needles, and Crystal was starting a mitten from her garage-sale-yarn. And, (i can't remember her name! Bad me!) somebody had roving and a drop spindle and was spinning. The roving was dyed in a lovely assortment of purples blues and greens, and I'm amazed at how smoothly she was spinning out the thread (when I do it, it's a much more laborious process. hmm, i should practice more.) Oh, and Suzanne (spelling?) from Mass Ave Knits stopped by to say hi.

Me, I finished off Jaiden's socks, and worked on the alpaca sweater some more. I noticed on Jaiden's socks that my gauge was a little off, so I hope it dosen't make a problem in the sweater. If I have to rip that 2" of work out again, I will just cry.

No comments: