Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ribbit, ribbit

I ripped out a day's work on my current knitting. RIBBIT! discouraging, it is. I was trying out an idea, and it took that long to see that it wasn't going to work. It was about an inch of knitting (hey, i don't get much time to knit in a day) and made a nice heap of yarn in my lap.

Let's see...I ordered yarn from knitpicks for my Christmas presents. No, not Christmas presents for me, presents to give to other people. One I can't mention, because I know the giftee reads my blog, but the other is two Christmas stockings (for Little J and Little sister) from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. The yarn should be here in about a week (I hope!).

And, a very nice person(Should I put your name in?) gave me a sample hank of Alpaca sox yarn. Very soft, muted varigated colors....very nice. (I'm not really in love with alpaca yarn in general, although I can definitely make an exception for this stuff. I simply fell in love specifically with the alpaca yarn I'm using for Big J's sweater.) I think I'll swatch it, then decide if (or how much) I need of it when it's available.

No comments: