Monday, October 22, 2007

new baby thoughts

Big J dosen't know it, but he may have caused me to spend more money for this new baby. He found an article on PBDE's in children and was telling me ALLLL about it. I've known for quite a long time that humans (and all the other creatures in our environment) are carrying around a lot of industrial chemicals, but, it kinda slipped my mind that quite a high percentage of what humans have is from indoor exposure. It's a scary thought, and I don't really want my baby exposed to more than I can help.

So, I've been googling organic mattress, and clothing, to see what I can find...it's expensive! Dh and I were talking about getting a new mattress (Little J is too wiggly at night. Need more room!) and the organic ones cost about double a non-organic, even before you add in shipping. And baby clothes, well, these suckers would be heirlooms and hand-me-downs, because I would only want to buy one set.

Whatever we do, this is going to be in the back of my mind.

No comments: