Thursday, November 29, 2007

Childhood memories

I'm terribly grumpy tonight, so, I'm going to write about something totally unrelated to today.

Sesame Street! (Okay, so Little J did watch it today, but still...) Sesame Street is a TV show that I remember watching from when I was really little. My mom used to say, that when I was only about 2 or 3, she could put me in front of the TV, and be certain that I wouldn't move. (Very important, it was on a farm, and sometimes she absoulutely needed to go outside without children.) And later, I remember watching it during when my brother and sisters were little, too.

I was on the phone with a friend, and she was talking to me about seeing an article about Sesame Street. They're putting warning labels on the DVD's of old episodes!

on Volumes 1 and 2, “Sesame Street: Old School” is adults-only: “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.”
While I appreciate Sesame Street's commitment to educating children, and, true, standards have changed since the 1970's, this is taking politically correct waaaay too far.

No comments: