Monday, November 19, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving expedition

I am so glad that one of the November excursions is over with. It was nice being in Kansas, and seeing all the family, but I am so exhausted. so tired. I didn't do any practical knitting, but the half skein of Noro I stuck in my bag at the last minute may have saved my sanity. I've just been doing 2x2 ribbing, around and around....it's showing off the color changes in the Noro very nicely. Now, I just have to figure out what to do with it.

We'll be returning to Kansas for Christmas. There will be more family stuff, more staying at the same hotel (which, although the people were nice, the facilities themselves have serious issues. Not the least is the double bed, which is way too small to fit Big J, Little J, and me. Let's not mention the "high-speed internet".)

I was going to give y'all a little travelogue of our plane flights. There was the flight into (and out of) Wichita that required us to walk down steps from the plane to the ground, and walk outside to the terminal (Gosh, how spoiled am I?). There was the really nice woman working the ticket counter at Wichita who made sure everything was right for our flights, and the man at Indianapolis who only gave us half (almost half) of our boarding passes. There was a two hour lay-over at Denver that turned into 4 hours. A skater dude that was very rude to an airline worker (Granted, she deserved it. And, he had been traveling who-knows-how-far with two little kids.) The Guy With A T-Shirt that said "Beware! I'm a Brain Eating Zombie"(I almost went over with a shovel to behead him...) The difficulties of lugging a car-seat around airports. The further difficulties of getting that baby car-seat onto a shuttle to go between the Chicago O'Hare airport terminals. The hottie I sat beside on that shuttle because of the car seat(heheehee...such a hottie). How extremely nice it is to be home. Finally.

Tonight is knitting at Panera's. From the sounds of the email list, there is going to be a small group of us there. Yes, it's the Monday before Thanksgiving, but I don't have anything I have to do at 7pm on the Monday before. And I could really use some serious knitting time. I'd like to finish up on the Christmas stocking, so that I don't feel guilty about not starting the next one (or guilty about starting a brand new project).

Talk to y'all later!

No comments: