Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weekend was good...

Although I feel like I've been cooking all day.

I have, actually. I was cooking before church, to make up a hollandaise-ish sauce for brunch. And, at the same time (and I left the oven on during church. oops.) I was toasting bread cubes. After church, I made up brunch. That was fairly quick, I put together Eggs Benedict and canned fruit cocktail. However, after that, I needed to finish up with the bread crumbs, freeze the left-over hollandaise(ish) sauce, and decide what we were going to have for supper. Oh, and wash dishes, of course.

Shall I go on? For most of the afternoon, Big J and Little Sister were putting together a new grill. That was going to be used for supper, so I put together veggies in foil packets to put on it, whenever Big J cooked up the meat, thawed out some of the meat and started bread dough in the bread machine for rolls. (I love my bread machine!). I think I washed dishes again....then, I was asked to assist with the supper, to decide what else we could put on the grill, to make sure that the meat was thourougly cooked (I'm not sure it all was, but it all tasted good.) and, I turned the bread dough into rolls and put them in the oven. Oh, and took my veggies back from the grill where they had not been cooked and put them in the oven too.

Le sigh. I'm so tired. So tired that I"m not even going to finish up the top-secret knitting project tonight. There isn't much left, really, less than half an hour, not counting working in the ends, but I'm too tired to do even that much. I'll get it done tomorrow.

And then, I can cast on for my NEXT Christmas project!

No comments: