Monday, March 26, 2007

Gardening Season

This is seriously taking up my knitting time. I only have so much knitting time, and with spring having sprung (so to speak) my mind is fixiating on plants. green, Green, GREEEN! muhahaha! The only green things I have right now are houseplants, crocuses, and grass, but I'm waiting.

Greenwood has a community garden, for which I thank God, since I have very little usable gardening space at my house. The community garden is very basic, a plot of ground marked off, and a water spigot, but it's providing an outlet for my gardening urges. (And for my muscles. Shoveling/digging up a garden plot is hard work, and my dear hubby doesn't volunteer to do my dirty work.) The family went out yesterday to get the first of my seeds in, and Little J and I put more out today.

The list of currently in the ground seeds:

  • Cascadia Peas
  • Bloomsdale Longstanding Spinach
  • Red Velvet Lettuce
  • New Red Fire Lettuce
  • Green Deer's Tounge Lettuce
  • Oakleaf Lettuce
  • Cherry Belle Radish
  • French Golden Radish
  • Radish mix

Now I just have to wait for them to sprout...

But, I can restrain myself from digging them up. No matter how much I want to see if they have little roots yet.

No comments: