Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Sewing


Here is my current sewing project:
It's Little Sister's Easter Dress. We're (me and L.S.) sewing version C, the far right drawing, with the solid turqoise cotton on the upper bodice, and the embroidered cotton for the skirt and waist. The skirt material is very very kewl; see the little leaves? Those are actually fuzzy! in purple and neon green. If L.S. hadn't found the material first, I might have snagged it. Instead, I got material for a summer gardening jumper at the same time. I'll post a picture of it when I start working on it, but I warn you ahead of time, it's bright!

I'm probably going to make a few modifications in this pattern before we're done. I've already raised the v-neckline 2 inches, and I may need to make the skirt shorter, too. L.S. is wearing women's sizes, but her porportions aren't right, so...tweak, tweak, tweak. Also, do you know how hard it is too find interesting patterns that are suitable for a 12 year old? I don't want her flashing her chest at everyone like she's a rock star. And, as active as she is, skimpy designs just won't stay up! Oh well, this one is going to be good. Further pictures will be posted as we progress in our sewing.

No comments: