Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap topic of the week #2

Michelle over on the Hot Cocoa Swap blog posted a blog topic for this week. It's really cool of them to do this. It certainly gives me something to write about when I haven't gotten any knitting done!

"Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?"

Yes, definitely! My current projects are sweaters, one for Little J in a worsted weight, and one in a heavy bulky weight for the Little Sister. By the time it's fall, I'm usually ready for cold-weather projects - the sweaters, mittens, hats, Christmas projects... Last summer, I didn't get much knitted b'cause I was feeling too icky being pregnant, but normally, I do more lightweight projects in the summer. Baby clothes, dishcloths, (the occasional tank top), toys. And, I do more stuff with cotton, too. Although, come to think of it, I do socks year round. WOOL socks :)

No comments: