Monday, January 28, 2008

Keep your fingers crossed for me....

I have theoretically worked out the sleeve for the Jakers sweater. That is, I've planned out what I'm going to do, and I think it should work...If I'm ripping out the sleeve when I have it almost done, it may be a sign from the universe that I should go onto another project.

Speaking of which, i knitted some on my alpaca sockie tonight.

.......

whoops. Had to take a brief break to clean up. The little boy had ahold of an ink pen, and was seeing if it worked on the bean bag. Yes, it did write on the suede bean bag. Luckily, I had a cleaner for that. what can I say, being a klutz means that I'm well prepared for cleaning up all sorts of messes. The cleaner took the ink out, but I'm going to have to wait for it to dry to see if the cleaner itself leaves a mark on the suede.

where was I? I was at a required band event for the Little Sister. They had to be there at 7:00, and the event wasn't until 7:20. So, out came the mindless knitting on the alpaca sockie. These things would be a whole lot more interesting if I knew anyone to talk to, but I don't. Nobody, not a soul. (PTA meetings are on a really bad night, so i haven't been to a single one.) There were parents sitting nearby that kept glancing oh-so-casually at my knitting (circs may work well for socks, but dpns are still impressive to the knitting muggles). They didn't say anything, so I didn't say anything, but, as the woodwinds played out of tune and percussionists practiced poundingly, i kept thinking, "Either I knit with these pointy sticks, or someone gets impaled with my hairsticks."

Little Sister's group was the woodwinds, and they played a piece called "Country Dance". They weren't perfect, but for a middle school band, they were pretty good.

It was over in about 5 minutes. and then we went home.

I wasn't planning on going to Knitting at Panera's tonight, anyway. I picked up the cold that Big J had, and I don't want to give it to anyone else. (Probably a good thing that I didn't talk to anyone at the band thing tonight...) Not to mention that I'm at the really disgusting stage of this cold, where (TMI ahead!) I'm sneezing, snot is dripping from my nose, and I'm uncontrollably coughing. Ick! But, it's just a cold. trust me, i know the difference in what my snot looks like when I have a bacterial infection. And don't worry, my virus shouldn't be able to come through your computer, either.

No comments: